Tuesday, August 02, 2005

For the Record...

I've never been on Fear Factor. Apparently someone with the same name as me was; but I assure you, I have no desire either to torture myself or to degrade myself for prize money.

I should point out, as long as I'm at it, that I am also not a Canadian songwriter or a professional photographer, and I've never written a press release for Newt Gingrich.

What I am is a wife and mother. Now, I know that some people think of those words with "just" or "only" in front of them. I remember when I was carrying my first child and I ran into an old teacher of mine. I glowingly told her of my good news, that I'd been married for two years and was expecting. She looked confused and said "I thought you were smart."

And here I am years later, glancing between the invite to my twentieth high school reunion and my not-yet-swelling belly, giving thanks that whatever I might do in regards to a career one day, I know that family and God will always be the real priority.

Alas, I've never bobbed for pig tongues in a vatful of fat, but I am surrounded by love. I wouldn't trade for all the fame of the others who share my name. If you came to this site looking for Fear Factor, I am sorry to disappoint you. I am "just" discalced and with child. And I am happy.

No comments:

Search the Web