Friday, January 13, 2006

April brings showers, May brings flowers, and January brings memes.

New Year memes, to be specific.

Thanks to Enbrethiliel of Sancta Sanctus for the tag.


What was your favourite movie in 2005?

I'm not sure there's even any question here. December's trip to Narnia was just what I hoped for. Excellent casting, nice effects, and true to the story. Sure, they made the occasional small change for flow purposes, but they kept the story, and even the themes, pretty accurate. I'm attached to Narnia... it would have hurt if they'd done a lousy job.

What was your favourite book in 2005?

Favorite book read, I presume, not necessarily published in 05? It's hard to remember what all I read last year, but Rilla of Ingleside comes to mind. It's the final book in the Anne of Green Gables series, and it focuses on her daughter Rilla and her actions during World War I. It had all the charm of Anne, but Rilla's character was well-developed, and most definitely not a clone.

What was your favourite music album in 2005?

The Carly Simon CD Andy gave me for Mother's Day.

Richer or poorer?

Richer than what? Poorer than whom? We qualified for reduced lunches, not free, so I guess things have picked up.

Thinner or fatter?

At 6 months pregnant, I've gained a whopping total of 2 pounds.

What kept you sane this past year?

Paxil. I'll keep my rant here short, about Glaxo's pernicious advertising campaign in which they are sucking in new customers when they aren't making enough to keep those already using the medication in stock.

Which personal accomplishment of 2005 are you most pleased with?

Enbrethiliel said "I finally graduated from uni! Yay!" to which I add a joyful "me too."

What resolutions have you made for '06?

Show Joel more appreciation, get Shannon caught up in school, write a book, and get the house clean.

Which bad habit are you most motivated to break?

Getting distracted for too long at a stretch. (Read not accomplishing much.)

Which resolutions do you expect to keep?

I don't dare hazard a guess. I've been known to jinx myself.

What are you most looking forward to in 2006?

Holding sweet Mona and being done with Braxton Hicks.


Tags: naturally, the Charming and Patient Joel, and Julie D. of Happy Catholic.

No comments:

Search the Web