Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Political Humor

My son recently claimed I have a double standard, because I laugh at Democrat jokes, but not at Republican jokes. I explained to him that I will laugh at the funny ones, but they are rare, because of an inherent difference between Republican and Democratic humor. Perhaps an example can best explain it.

Republican humor:
A teacher was explaining the two party system to her students, and little Tommy raised his hand to say he plans to be a Republican.

"Why is that?" asked the teacher.

"Well," he replied, "My father was a Republican, and my grandfather was a Republican, and my great grandfather was a Republican."

Wanting the child to think for himself, she prodded: "What if your father, and your grandfather, and your great grandfather had all been thieves?"

Quickly Tommy responded, "Then I'd be a Democrat."

Democrat humor:
Republicans are so dumb that... I hate Republicans, they are evil, Chimpy McHitlerburger, so THERE.

No comments:

Search the Web