Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Church Lady

Ok, I'm not really the new "church lady," but lately it sometimes feels that way. I volunteered to be the new religious education coordinator at our parish, and now that the initial flurry and panic have passed, the reality is setting in. I have a key.

I've never been a key lady before. When I worked at a stationery store where it was my job to close, I had to slide the key into the mail slot before leaving. After three years of marriage, I finally have a key to my husband's truck, but it's been so many years since I've driven a stick shift that it's mostly an honorary key.

It's been an absolutely crazy summer. If you read Joel's blog, you know just how much it's been tied up with ferrying and the other things that prevent vacations from being restful. But today's the first day of school, and I finally have a chance to write you. Tonight, we have our first CCD teachers' meeting, and the "regular year" is finally beginning to get going.

I seem to spend a lot of time apologizing for not having blogged. Hopefully, now that things are settling down that trend will end. Thanks for your patience, and thanks in advance for the prayers I'm about to ask for. I've finally stopped feeling terrified about being RE Coordinator, but I still need help. Please pray for me!

No comments:

Search the Web