Thursday, August 10, 2006

Social and Health Services

Perhaps more social than health...
Here is the letter I received, complete with translation. Please forgive the poor punctuation and grammar; it is copied as I received it.


Dear Christina
Congratulations on the recent birth of your child, I hope labor and delivery went well for you.

translation: Congratulations on having a baby. Don't do it again.

I understand that medical coupons have covered you for the pregnancy.

See how magnanimous we are? That obliges you.

I am the Family Planning Nurse at the DSHS-Work First Office. I'm contacting you to make sure that you know that generally you have two months of full medical coverage following childbirth and then ten (10) additional months for Family Planning needs. Medical coupons cover birth control of any kind be it pills, products, shots and etc. Just present the medical coupon to the pharmacist when you make your purchase.

I am the Family Restriction Nurse at the Department of Health-as-it-relates-to-Social Services Get-Off-Your-Hiney-and-Get-a-real-job Office. I'm contacting you to do anything in my power to convince you to contracept. We'll even pay for it, if that's what it takes to overcome your moral qualms. There is nothing we won't pay for, as long as it prevents you from reproducing again.

Please feel free to call me at the office or visit with me in my office. My office days are Monday through Friday, (except for holidays), from 8 am to 5 pm. If there are any changes they are posted on my door, room 6.

Please come in and see me so that I can do a harder sell, because I can say a lot more to pressure you in person than I can in writing, in a documented letter.

Sincerely,
Yada Yada Yada


Margaret Sanger and her merry band of eugenicists would be proud. Po' folk have no business having chilluns.

No comments:

Search the Web