Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Catholic Alphabet Meme

I didn't see Julie's tags, so I went ahead and tagged myself after reading it on Happy Catholic. Only afterwards did I see she'd already tagged me. Well, I wanted to do it, anyway, so here goes.


[A is for apparitions - your favorite]: Fatima

[B is for Bible - the one you read most often]: RSV

[C is for Charism - the one you would most like to have]: I would love to have the gift of healing, though I'm not sure my desire is unselfish.

[D is for Doctor of the Church - your favorite]: St. Teresa of Avila

[E is for Essential Prayer - What's yours?]: Mostly whatever comes from the heart. Lots of thank-yous, and I love the Canticle of Zecharias (Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel. He has come to his people and set them free) and Psalm 95 (Come, let us worship the Lord, and shout with joy to the rock who saves us.)

[F is for Favorite Hymn]: I have a lot. One of them is The Servant Song (Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you...) which is also a really good song for a wedding, I think.

[G is for Gospel - your favorite author?]: Matthew or John. I love how Matthew lays it all out, and I love the wisdom of John.

[H is for Holy Communion - How would you describe it, using one word?]: Incomprehensible

[I is for Inspiration - When do you feel most inspired by God?]: in nature

[J is for Jesus - When did you first meet Him?]: I don't remember ever not knowing Him.

[K is for Kindness - Which saint or person has most inspired you by their kindness?]: My mom.

[L is for liturgical year - your favorite time in the liturgical cycle?]: Very specifically, Easter Vigil. But heaven protect our Choir Tyrant if she forgets the Alleluia again!

[M is for Mary, the Mother of God - Your favorite term of endearment for her]: Mother

[N is for New Testament - Your favorite passage]: See above -- Blessed be the Lord...

[O is for Old Testament - Your favorite Book here]: Tobit.

[P is for Psalms - your favorite]: 95

[Q is for quote - saint quote]: "If this is how you treat your friends, no wonder you haven't got very many."

[R is for rosary - your favorite mysteries]: Joyful. I always want to pray the joyful.

[S is for Saint - the one you turn to in time of need - not including the Blessed Virgin Mary]: In case it isn't obvious yet, St. Teresa of Avila. Also, St. Anthony and St. Therese.

[T is for Tradition - your favorite Catholic tradition]: Eucharistic Adoration

[U is for university - Which Catholic University have you attended or are currently attending?]: None.

[V is for Virtue - the one you wish you had]: self discipline.

[W is for Way of the Cross - Which station can you most relate to?]: Falling.

[X is for Xaverian Brothers - Do you know who they are?]: No.

[Y is for your favorite Catholic musician]: Michael John Poirier. His Ave is the most divine thing I've ever heard.

[Z is for Zeal for the faith]: Um, what's the question?

tags... um, how about Joel? (I always know he's going to see the tag. What can I say?)

No comments:

Search the Web