Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sometimes it's the little things that can drive you batty.

Like a tiny key. Or more aptly, the absence of a tiny key.

My Charming and Patient Husband gave me a roll top desk for my birthday. I mean a beautiful, lovely, delightful and splendid real oak roll top. I've wanted one ever since I was a little girl, and he worked all day to earn it for me. Although it is used, it's in fantastic shape. The only problem is that we don't have a key. Actually, it has three locks: one for the file drawer, one for the cabinet door, and one for the roll top. I can leave the others unlocked, but I'd really like to protect whatever is on the desktop from Hypertot. I can't lock it, though, because I do not have the right kind of key.

I actually bought a bundle of skeleton keys on eBay, certain that at least one of this assortment must fit. I was wrong. They are all too big, and only two of them are double bitted.

I've been looking all over the internet, and am having trouble finding an affordable double bitted skeleton key for a roll top. (The lock panel says "Eaglecraft," if that is significant.) I don't want to spend a huge amount, because I don't even know if a key I buy will fit. But I do know that it must be double bitted and have very small bits. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Search the Web