Monday, August 20, 2007

Book Meme

Joel tagged whoever, so I took it.

What are you reading right now?
Don't Know Much about History, Schindler's List, The Well-Trained Mind. Just finished Madeleine Takes Command today.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?
My Charming and Patient Husband would like me to read Peter Beagle's A Fine and Private Place.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now?
Definitely Sunset, and maybe American Baby and Reader's Digest.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read?
Does Moby Dick count, if I merely fooled my teacher into thinking I read it? Heinlein's Job was pretty abysmal, though I wasn't actually forced. And any required book written by the instructor has, throughout my education, been guaranteed to stink like a skunk with brie breath.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis, hands down.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they?
Not quite yet, but mostly because I've discovered online ordering.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?
The Anne of Green Gables series. Those who love 'em really love 'em; but everyone else kind of blinks like "ok, it's not a bad book, but what's all the excitement about?"

Do you read books while you eat? Occasionally; but at dinner I hope we're having a family meal, and at lunch I kind of prefer a half hour sitcom.
While you bathe? on the rare occasions when I get a chance to take a bath, yes.
While you watch movies or TV? nah
While you listen to music? It depends on the type of music. Some music is foreground, some is background. Really, the question should be whether I listen to music while I read.
While you’re on the computer? If I'm doing research or something. I've been known to look things up in the Catechism or the Code of Canon Law while interacting online.
While you’re having sex? Ew.
While you’re driving? No.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?
Yeah. Those same reading habits won me a few fights against bullies, too, though. I don't care if you're a boy and she's a girl; if she has a 20 lb book bag, your chances of winning are significantly reduced.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?
The Story of the Trapp Family Singers.

I'm not going to tag anyone either. If you take it up on your own, let me know inthe comments.

No comments:

Search the Web