Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Man Meme

Hijacked from Christine at Domestic Vocation.

1. Who is your man? Joel

2. How long have you been together? We've been married almost 5 years (December 30)

3. How long did you date? 1 year 9 1/2 months

4. How old is your man? 39

5. Who eats more? Usually me, the knocked up one.

6. Who said “I love you” first? I did. We'd been chatting for about 9 months and he made a game of trying to figure out where I lived based on my verbal clues. (The man loves a challenge.) I realized I had fallen in love, and spent two weeks praying about whether to tell him, and the day my two week vigil was up, he figured out my address. I sent him an e-card that said "You've found the way to my heart." And in white text, with a white background, I wrote "I love you." He was supposed to figure out the secret message, but I ended up having to tell him to press control-A.

7. Who is taller? Joel by 11 inches.

8. Who sings better? I have a better singing voice, but he remembers the actual lyrics.

9. Who is smarter? He is. Even my family reluctantly suspects it.

10. Whose temper is worse? Mine. There's a reason I call him my Charming and Patient Husband.

11. Who does the laundry? Usually me, but not exclusively by any means.

12. Who takes out the trash? The kids, if I have anything to say about it.

13. Who sleeps on the right hand side of the bed? Him.

14. Who pays the bills? Me, with the money he earns. (I kept Christine's words here.)

15. Who is better with the computer? He's better with hardware, I'm better with software.

16. Who mows the lawn? The kids. All I have to do is consider mowing the lawn, and I'm pregnant.

17. Who cooks dinner? Him. He's a darned good cook.

18. Who drives when you are together? Men have that mysterious form of carsickness that shows up any time someone else is behind the wheel, ya know?

19. Who pays when you go out? Usually him, but does it really matter? It's coming from the same source either way.

20. Who is most stubborn? Him.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We both do, in different ways.

22. Whose parents do you see the most? His, because mine live too far away.

23. Who kissed who first? The first time we met was after we'd been "seeing" each other for five months online. I picked him up at the airport, and he walked straight into my arms and kissed me. The he backed away and said "I hope to God you're Christina."

24. Who asked who out? I guess me. When we met, it was for my niece's wedding that I'd asked him to.

25. Who Proposed? Oh, he did. He took me to the nicest Mexican restaurant in town, together with all the kids. He had my oldest in his truck, and I drove the rest in my Geo. (We couldn't all fit in one vehicle, even then.) On the way, he asked my son's permission to marry me. While we were waiting for our dinner, he took out a newspaper printout that had a picture of him on one knee with the words "Christina, will you marry me?" And he took out a ring and put it on my pinkie, the only finger it fit on!

26. Who is more sensitive? Me. And he's awfully sensitive to my sensitivity.

27. Who has more friends? Him. I'm not good at making friends.

28. Who has more siblings? Me. I have four sisters, and he has one.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? I think Christine was referring to this same movie scene: in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the mother explains that the husband is the head of the family, and the wife is the neck that tells him which way to turn. But it never really seems to come down to authority, because we both trust each other's judgment so much.



And I can't word the tag better than Christine did: If the spirit moves you, go on and leave a link to your meme answers in the com boxes!

No comments:

Search the Web