Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Prayer works

A while ago, I asked for prayers for my five year old cousin, diagnosed with an extremely fast-growing and inoperable cancer. Someone calling himself "Cholo" urged us not to pray. He said to do something helpful instead, like preparing her for death.

I think God will forgive me the slight smirk. Cholo, prayers DID prove helpful. We just got the news today: her recent test results came through, and she is cancer free.

First Maryclare was given no hope for survival. Then she was given no hope of ever walking again. She's alive and walking. I thank God for His work through her skilled doctors. I thank God for giving this child such loving and supportive parents to help her through this difficult time. And I thank God for His healing! Thanks, too, to all of you who prayed.

It makes my own prayer request look so much smaller and less significant, but as long as we're talking about prayers, I'd be grateful if you could offer a prayer for some help to come our way. Our income has gone significantly down over the past couple of years, and as many of you know we're expecting another baby in January. If we don't see some change soon, we will lose our house long before then. I know that the house is a gift from God, and as Job said "The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." Just the same, I hope with all my heart that He will not choose to take away.

I'm so grateful for the prayers from people I know love God; and I'm also grateful for today's reminder that prayer really does work. God bless you all!

No comments:

Search the Web